Civil and Small Claims Division of District Court

District Court of Washington County, Springdale Department maintains this portion of the City of Springdale's web site in order to increase public access to District Court information. This information is not intended to be a source of legal advice. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney.While the District Court web site is constantly updated and revised in an effort to provide timely and accurate information, we make no guarantees. We will make every attempt to correct errors as they are brought to our attention.

This web site is not sponsored or associated with any other linked entity. The existence of any link is simply intended to make other resources available to the reader. This Court does not guarantee the accuracy or sources of any information found on any linked web sites.

This Web site contains information originating from other organizations and departments, both public and private. While every attempt is made to ensure that all information is accurately referenced on our site, we do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness or quality of the content of every source. 

If you are unsure how you should proceed with your case or whether or not you should proceed with a case, please contact an attorney. Please do not contact the clerk for legal advice. A court clerk is not permitted to give legal advice about any case, quote or interpret laws, quote or interpret rules, recommend attorneys, recommend methods of service, recommend process servers, or anything of that nature. The clerk may not answer questions that go beyond very limited procedural direction. The clerk's primary job is as keeper of the records only and he or she must remain unbiased in that position.


The Small Claims Division is designed to allow individuals to settle certain disputes in court with relaxed rules of procedure without attorneys. Individuals who are represented by an attorney must file their claim in the civil division. Individuals are allowed to sue in small claims court for different types of damages. Small claims court is often used as a means to recover money for damages to personal property, to recover personal property or to settle disputes involving contracts. All claims are limited by a set dollar amount, which is set by the state law. The current amount of a claim cannot exceed $5,000.00
    Currently Small Claims Cases for the Springdale Department of Washington County District Court are being heard by Hon. Graham H. Nations on the
first (1st) Wednesday of each month at 1:00 p.m.




Additional fees for Small Claims / Civil Court

*Appeals, subpoenas, and writ of executions must be requested in writing to the court. All forms must be filled out by the party requesting the form be issued.
Document Cost         (important information)
Appeal Transcript* 
$5.00*     (Additional costs to file Appeal at Circuit Court)
Certified Copies $5.00      (Includes Certified and Authenticated copies)
Clerk issued Subpoena* $5.00*     (Must be served on the witness per A.R.C.P 45 and additional fees apply)
Copies $0.12 per page
Writ of Execution* $10.00*    (Must be served by the Sheriff's Office in the proper County and additional fees apply there)
Writ of Garnishment* $10.00*         (Must be served on the employer or bank by certified mail)