Animal Services

Button Alert Notification trail chamber Explore Springdale


Animal Control

AC HawkAnimal Control PatchDSCI

If you have an emergency, please call the Springdale Police Department at 911.

Do you have an animal complaint?

Please call the police non-emergency number at (479)751-4542 and an Animal Control Officer will be dispatched.

Springdale Animal Control is responsible for enforcing the municipal ordinances and state laws involving animals within the City of Springdale.  When calling to report an incident, please have as much information as possible so we can best help.  Our officers respond to a variety of calls and complaints regarding animal issues. Concerns about dogs at large, barking dogs, animal cruelty investigations/welfare checks, injured animals, vicious animals, and other animal related issues should be reported immediately to Springdale Dispatch.

Our Animal Control Officers work seven days a week to ensure human and animal safety within our city.  Animal Control operates out of the animal shelter, but is dispatched through Springdale Police Dispatch.  For immediate service and response to calls, please call Dispatch at (479)751-4542.  For general questions, please call the shelter at (479)750-8166 and speak with a shelter staff member, or leave a message for an Animal Control Officer to return your call.

Laws and ordinances enforced by Springdale Animal Control may be found in the Ordinances section.

We do not pick up owned animals for surrender:

Please exhaust all options before choosing to surrender your pet to the shelter and do not wait until the last minute. Please call the shelter at (479)750-8166, if you live within the city limits of Springdale, as you must make an appointment to bring your pet to the shelter to be surrendered. There is no charge to surrender a spayed/neutered pet. Owners of animals that are not altered will be asked to pay their surgery fee, which varies based on the size and sex of the animal.