Police Department

Button Alert Notification trail chamber Explore Springdale


Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Where is the Police Department located?

Our address is 201 Spring St., Springdale, AR 72764.  We are located one block south of Huntsville Avenue, and one block north of Emma in the down town area.  Our business hours phone number is 479-756-8200 and our 24 hour non-emergency number is 479-751-4542. 

  1. How do I become a police officer? 

Check the information in the careers section of our home page.  You can also contact our recruiting office at 479-750-8133 or jscott@springdalear.gov

  1. How do I compliment or file a complaint against a Police Officer?

 To compliment or to file a complaint against a police officer you may contact any department supervisor in person or over the phone at 479-751-4542 and they will guide you through the process.  You may also contact the Office of Professional Standards at 479-750-8590, or mail your complaint to the attention of the chief of police. For more information click on Professional Standards on the left side of the department home page.  

  1. How can I pay my fines or tickets?

You may send payment through the mail to the Springdale District Court, 201 Spring St., Springdale, AR 72764, or you can pay in person at the same address. 

  1. How do I get a copy of a police report?  Can you fax me the report?

Police reports are usually ready within five (5) working days through our records division.  Accident reports are $10.00.  Fees for other reports depend on the number of pages copied.  Reports cannot be faxed due to the processing charge for each report.  If you have any questions regarding a police report you can reach the Records Division at 479-756-8200.

  1. How old does my child have to be until he no longer has to ride in a child car seat?   

Arkansas State Statute 27-34-104 requires that every driver who transports a child under the age of 6 years and under 60 pounds must be secured in a child passenger restraint system meeting federal safety standards. If the child is at least 6 years of age or at least 60 pounds in weight a safety belt is sufficient. All children under the age of 15 must use a seat belt. *These statutes are not direct quotations. Please see given statute numbers for exact statute.

  1. How do I get information about crime in a certain neighborhood?

Contact the Springdale Police Department public information office at 479-750-8158, or you can access crime maps at http://www.raidsonline.com/ or with the RAIDS app on your smart phone.

  1. What are the hours of the Records Division of the Police Department?

The records division hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.  We are open during lunch hours. 

  1. How do I find out if someone is in jail at the Springdale Police Department?

You can call the jail at 479-750-8543.  

  1. What are Springdale District Court hours?  Where is it located?

The Springdale District Courts hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.  Call the District Court at 479-750-8150 for any questions.   They are located at 201 Spring St., Springdale, AR72764

  1. How can I check for warrants at the Springdale Police Department?

You can check the warrants search at the department home page, or you can call the warrants division at 479-750-8568 Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.  They will only have information for warrants held by the Springdale Police Department, and they will give you instructions on how to take care of the warrant.

  1. How do I take care of a hot check?

Contact Springdale City Attorney hot check division (479) 750-8147.

  1. Who do I need to report identity theft to?

File a report with your local police department and report it to the Federal Trade Commission (http://www.ftc.gov or 1-877-ID-THEFT).

  1. To whom do I need to report an internet crime?

File a report with your local police department and report the crime to IC3.gov.

  1. Can the police department tell me if something I have purchased was stolen?

If you have the serial number of the purchased item you can contact the criminal investigation division at 479-750-8139 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

  1. What job opportunities are currently available?

To see what positions are currently open you can contact the city's Human Resources office at 479-750-8121.

  1. How can I find out if a sex offender lives in my neighborhood?

Sex offenders are required by law to register with the police department in the jurisdiction where they are living.  The police department then notifies the neighborhood where the registered offender is living.  They also provide this information to the State of Arkansasand it is posted on a web site at www.acic.org.  There is also a link on the Police Department page to Offender Watch.  This is a site sponsored by the Washington County Sheriff's Office. If you have further questions about sex offender registration contact the Springdale Police Department's Criminal Investigation Division at 479-750-8139.

  1. How do I add information to my police report?

Contact either the Criminal Investigations Division at 479-750-8139 or the officer who took your report at 479-756-8200. 

  1. How do I find out information about a traffic citation?

Information regarding fines, court dates, or traffic citations can be obtained by calling the district court at 479-750-8150.    

  1. How do I file a Freedom of Information (FOI) request?

Contact the public relations office at 479-750-8158 or the records division at 479-756-8200.

  1. How long after purchasing a vehicle do I have to tag/insure?

You have thirty (30) days to tag your vehicle.  Your vehicle should be insured immediately after purchase to abide with Arkansas State Laws.

  1. What can I do about my neighbor's barking dog?

Contact the dispatch center at 479-751-4542.  It is also helpful to keep a log with the dates and times the dog has been barking to provide to the Animal Services Officer.

  1. Can you help me get my property back from my ex-roommate, husband or wife?

This is considered a civil matter between you and your ex-roommate, husband or wife.  The police department cannot get involved in those matters.  All civil matters are handled through the court.