Small Claims / Civil Court

Small Claims Court

Forms needed to file a Small Claims can be picked up at Springdale District Court / Small Claims Division Monday through Friday 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.


Filing a Small Claims must be $5,000 or less, claims over $5,000 must be filed in the Civil Division of the Circuit Court, Washington County Courthouse.


District Court filing fee for the Small Claims Division is $65 + $2.50 per summons fee. The filing fee must be paid to the clerk at the time of filing.

Civil Court


To file a new case in the Civil Division in District Court the filing fee is $80 + $2.50 per summons fee.

Small Claims to Civil Court Transfer

Even though you are filing against a person in Small Claims Court, the Defendant still has the constitutional right to obtain an attorney. Should the Defendant hire an Attorney, the Attorney will notify you and the case will be transferred from Small Claims Division to Civil Division of District Court.

Court will be held in the same Courtroom but with a different Judge. If the opposing party hires and attorney and you are unsure what to do next, it may be in your best interest to consult an attorney yourself. There is no additional fee when a case is transferred from the Small Claims Division to the Civil Division of District Court.

Additional Information

If you have any questions regarding a filing in Small Claims or Civil, please call 479-750-8150 ext. 3