Springdale Fire Department Honor Guard
Mission Statement: The Springdale Fire Department Honor Guard is comprised of current department members who dedicate their time to provide professional honor guard and color guard services for the fire department, the city of Springdale, and the Mayors Office. The mission of the Honor Guard is to pay respect to first responders who have paid the ultimate price in service to their community. The Honor Guard also pays respect to retired personnel who have passed away. Additionally, the Honor Guard represents the Springdale Fire Department in support of regional and community events.
Services: The SFD Honor Guard provides a variety of services from funeral processions to color guard. Listed below are more detailed explanations of what the Honor Guard can do for you.
- Line of Duty Death Funeral Service: The Honor Guard will provide a full complement of uniformed guard to stand vigil during the wake/viewing of the fallen first responder. Following the wake, the guard can be requested to be pallbearers and transport the casket to the hearse and from the hearse to the burial plot. If a pre or post funeral ceremony is requested, the guard will post colors and stand guard during the ceremony.
- Funeral Service for Retired Members: The Honor Guard will provide a minimum of four guard to stand vigil during the wake/viewing of the retired member.
- City Parades: The Honor Guard will provide a four-man color guard to carry the national and state flag during City Parades.
- Fire Department Banquets: The Honor Guard will provide a four-man guard to present and post the national and state flags at the beginning of the banquet.
- Recruit Academy Graduations: The Honor Guard will provide a minimum of four guard members to post colors at the beginning of recruit academy graduations that was hosted by Springdale Fire Department. The Honor Guard can be requested for academy graduations by other departments for the same function.
- City Functions and Events: The Honor Guard will provide a four-man color guard to post colors when requested for city functions and events.
- Any Function Approved by Fire Chief or Mayor: The Honor Guard will provide a guard for any function that is approved by the departments Fire Chief or the Mayor of Springdale.
D/O Tad Tanakatsubo serves as the Officer of the Guard.
Additional members are:
- Nate Pianalto
- Matt Chacanaca
- James Kehrli
- Tim Franklin
- Justin Pinkley
- Ian Burnett
- Matt Bagley
- Adam McCrory
- Tim Campbell
- Kevin Campitelli
- Nicholas Lucas
- Cody Bennett
- Jimmy Henley
- Cole Bohannon
All requests must be made and submitted to the Fire Chief to be reviewed by both him and the Officer of the Guard. The Fire Chief holds the ability to deny any request for the Honor Guard if the request does not meet any of the services described.