Most of you voted in support of the 2012 bond authorization, and thanks to your support, we were able to:
- Build the Don Tyson Parkway Interchange on I-49
- Extend Don Tyson Parkway from Hylton to Habberton Road
- Widen Don Tyson Parkway from S. 40th Street to Carley Road
- Extend 56th Street (now named Gene George Boulevard) from Dearing Road/Don Tyson Parkway to Bleaux Avenue
- Build the C. L. “Charlie” & Willie George Park in southeast Springdale
- Purchase 120 acres of land for a northwest park
- Renovate Murphy Park and buy equipment for J. B. Hunt, Tyson, Murphy, and C. L. “Charlie” & Willie George parks.
- Replace and relocate Fire Stations Two and Three to improve functionality and response time, and purchase necessary equipment for the Fire Department, such as extrication equipment and self-contained breathing apparatuses.
Thanks to the 2004 and 2006 Bond Programs approved by Springdale voters, we were able to:
- Build Arvest Ballpark
- Widen and connect Huntsville Avenue
- Widen and connect Don Tyson Parkway
- Widen and connect Wagon Wheel Road
The building of these three major east-west corridors has increased residential and commercial developments and has helped eased traffic congestion.