Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
321 E Randall Wobbe Lane
Springdale, AR 72764
Springdale Animal Services' mission is to provide shelter and care to the thousands of stray, abandoned,
abused and neglected animals in need every year. We reunite lost pets with their owners and place
many that are homeless in
homes. We are also responsible for human
e disposition of feral,
. We strive to ensure the
welfare and public safety of our community
and its animals through education of our citizens and enforcement of our ordinances. We promote
spaying/neutering all domestic animals at the earliest appropriate age, to reduce
Orientation and training through Springdale Animal Services are required for participation in our
volunteer program. All potential volunteers will be interviewed prior to placement in areas of interest.
If you agree with our above stated goals and are willing to be interviewed and trained, we encourage
you to complete and submit this application.
Please mark your volunteering preferences in order with 1
being your first choice, 2 being second and so
on. If you are not at all interested in some
of these areas, please just leave blank.
Take a dog to adoption events and bring them back to the shelter. Speak for the dog to tell his/her story to prospective applicants. It is helpful if you have some dog experience and can read a dog's behavior.Help the dogs get outside their kennels for
exercise and people playtime. Train dogs for good manners and basic obedience such as
sit, stay, walking on a leash. This requires successful
completion of Safe Shelter Animal Handling
portion of Volunteer Orientation and strong attention to detail.Make the dogs more presentable and/or prepare them for events; Give baths, brush dogs, trim nails...spend quality one-on-one time with them. This requires successful completion of Safe Shelter Animal Handling portion of Volunteer Orientation and strong attention to detail. Help cats with human interaction by petting and playing with or
them. This requires successful completion of Safe Shelter Animal Handling portion of Volunteer Orientation and strong attention to detail.This can be part of socializing as well since you do spend quality time with them. Clipping nails, combing, bathing (rare, but occasionally this is a necessity)Assist in bringing humane education into schools and
community programs; teach concepts of empathy and respect for all forms of life.
Desired skills include public speaking,
teaching, writing and working well with diverse groups.Help with programs and events throughout the year. If you are
created, organized, willing to work hard and know lots of people around town, this is the place for you! You will need to be committed to evening planning meetings for several weeks / months prior to the event. Dedication and attendance are needed on event day.We rotate with rescues or shelters at PetSmart in Rogers at Pinnacle Hills. This consists of cleaning the cages and adoption area, making sure food and water is sufficient, exercising cats (playing). Also, social interaction (discussing/interviewing adoption candidates) is a large part of this assignment.
- Never strike, handle or treat an animal in such a way that it could be construed as rough or abusive. I will always exercise compassion and care with the animals.
- Hold absolutely confidential all information that I may obtain, directly or indirectly, concerning clients, animals, volunteers and staff. I agree not to seek to obtain confidential information from a
client. I understand that intentional or unintentional violation of confidentiality may result in disciplinary action, including termination by SAS and/or possible legal action by others (e.g. clients, customers).
- Become familiar with SAS policies and procedures and uphold their philosophy and
standards. I will seek clarification from staff whenever necessary.
- Adhere to SAS policy of not taking pictures on SAS property unless approved by the Animal Services Director and only for the purposes of Petfinder.com, not to be used for any other promotional material, and not interfacing with members of the media unless otherwise instructed by SAS Director.
- Be punctual and conscientious, conduct myself with dignity, courtesy and consideration for others, and strive to make my work professional in quality.
- Maintain respect for staff members who must perform euthanasia by avoiding questioning and condemnation concerning individual animals or making negative remarks. This behavior is extremely detrimental, both to the morale of the staff and to the reputation of the shelter. Shelter staff members are asked to take the utmost care of the animals and then are asked to euthanize. This stress is unlike any stress found in other environments. It is unfair and unacceptable, but still must be done. Guilt from performing this task should not be placed upon our staff members, but upon our society.
- Carry out my assignments in accordance with SAS training and seek assistance from the staff whenever necessary.
- Limit my activity to my assigned work area unless otherwise directed by Animal Services staff.
- Adhere to the policies stated in Dog Walking 101 and other instructional documents provided by SAS.
- Communicate any job related problems, concerns, differences of opinion, conflicts or
suggestions only to the Animal Services Director.
- Adhere to sign-in procedures and wear name tag at all times when at the shelter or
otherwise representing SAS.
- Notify the volunteer coordinator when and if I choose to discontinue my volunteer
service with SAS.
- Any abuse or mistreatment of an animal
- Failure to comply with organizational policies, rules and other regulations
- Unsatisfactory attitude, work or appearance
- Any other circumstances which, in the judgment of the Director, would make my
service as a volunteer contrary to the best interest of SAS
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
In consideration of being permitted to enter, for any purpose, the Springdale Animal Shelter
defined as including but not limited to: the buildings, grounds, parking and driveway area,
walkways and other areas appurtenant to any area where any activity related to the day
of the Springdale Animal Shelter take place), or being permitted to observe, work
for, or for any purpose
participate in any way in the day
-to-day operations of Springdale Animal
Services, THE UNDERSIGNED,
for himself, his personal representatives, heirs,
and next of kin,:
1. HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE
the City of
Springdale or any subdivision thereof, elected and non
employees and lessees of
premises used to conduct the day
-to-day operations of
Springdale Animal Services and each of them,
their officers and employees, all for the
purposes herein referred to as “RELEASEES” from all liability to
the undersigned, his
personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin for any and all loss or
and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or
In death of the undersigned, whether caused by the negligence of the
RELEASEES or otherwise
wile the undersigned is in or upon the premises of Springdale
Animal Services, and/or observing, working
for or for any purpose participating in the
-to-day operations of Springdale Animal Services.
2. HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMESS
RELEASEES and each of
them from any loss, liability, damage, or cost
they may incur
do the presence of the undersigned in or
upon the premises of Springdale Animal
Services or in any way observing, working for or for any purpose
participating in the day
-to-day operations of Springdale Animal Services and whether caused by the
of the RELEASEES or otherwise; and agreed and understand that
nothing herein should
be construed to alter, limit, or otherwise compromise that immunity afforded to the City
under the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Arkansas.
3. HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSBILITY FOR AND RISK OF BODILY
INJURY, DEATH OR
PROPERTY DAMAGE due to the negligence of RELEASEES or
otherwise while in or upon the premises
of the Springdale Animal Shelter and/or while
observing, working for or for any purpose participating in
-to-day operations of
Springdale Animal Services.
THE UNDERSIGNED expressly acknowledges and agrees that the activities of the day
of Springdale Animal Services
are very dangerous and involve risk of serious injury
and/or death and/or
THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the
forgoing release, waiver, and
indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is
permitted by the law of the State of
Arkansas, and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is
agreed that the balance shall,
notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
THE UNDERSIGNED HAS READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGNS THE RELEASE AND
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, and further agrees that no oral
or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field